|Warning - Your Free Trial has Expired|
The Free version of MBAM does not provide real-time protection -- it is only an on-demand, manual scanner: http://www.malwareby...warebytes_free/
If you used the free Trial of MBAM PRO, and it has expired, you will be notified with a tooltip balloon.
When the notification comes up stating that it is expired, click on the tooltip balloon message.
It should open up a window with the option to End trial, click on that option and this shouldn't occur again.
Also, if you have tried to reinstall the program without doing a clean reinstall, that can cause some minor issues.
In order to resolve them, you can follow the steps below for a clean reinstall using the mbam-clean tool -- be sure to reboot when it asks to do so!
Here are the instructions for the clean reinstall -- let us know if you need additional help after that,
- If you are running MBAM PRO, please be sure you have your license ID and key available (sent via email at the time of online purchase, or in the box). (You can skip this step if you are only running the Free version.)
- Download and run mbam-clean.exe from HERE.
- It will ask to restart your computer; please allow it to do so - this is very important!
- After the computer restarts, download the latest version of Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware from HERE, then temporarily disable your Anti-Virus and run the installer. (Ignore all 'Recommended' or 'Sponsored' software which are prominently displayed on the mirror sites -- they are ads and MBAM does not have any association with them.)
- If you are using MBAM PRO, you will need to reactivate (register) the program using the license ID & key.
- Launch the MBAM program and (if you are using MBAM PRO) set the Protection and Registration.
- For EITHER version, then go to the UPDATE tab (if not done during installation) and check for updates.
- Restart the computer again and verify that MBAM is in the system tray (if using the PRO version).
- Now set up any file exclusions, as may be required in your Anti-Virus/Internet-Security/Firewall applications, and restart your Anti-Virus/Internet-Security applications. You may use the guides posted in the FAQs HERE, or ask and we'll explain how to do it.