26/02/2013

Picasa not Downloading Video or RAW Files from my Camera

I have been using Picasa for ages now and it is one of my favourite bits of software. I recently started to use it to upload images from my Canon G9 and G12. I have just realised it is not uploading video files nor is it showing RAW files, which it used to do. 

The solution seems to be quite a simple one. I discovered that in Tools> Options> File Type, I did not have the boxes for RAW or Videos checked. Interestingly when you tick the Video box another box appears with the option to select .mov (Quicktime) files as well. I ticked all the relevant boxes and suddenly Picasa is searching all my watched folders for the missing file types, and when I connected my camera it found and downloaded the video files.
Picasa >Tools> Options Screen Snip

No comments: